The REX Senior High School Work Immersion Initiative
As one the leading learning solutions provider in the Philippines, we have always aimed to be at the forefront of supporting and leading initiatives we believe are important to the holistic growth of each learner. From creating learning materials that are aligned with the K-12 curriculum to providing educators an avenue to continually learn and excel in their fields. All these are done for our shared vision, to help build the nation through engaging and enabling our partners in education.
Upon realizing the importance of the Senior High School Work Immersion Initiative not just to the academe industry but to the future of our country as well, we at REX Book Store recently have been collaborating with different schools and industries to create better and more meaningful experiences for students undergoing the program. Kicked off with our partnership with Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Manila Educational System (RCAM ES) Cluster 5 & 6 to launch REX’ first Work Immersion Fair for SHS, the REX SHS Work Immersion initiative was immediately followed with the Senior High School Work Immersion Industry Forum where different organizations like the Department of Education (DepEd), People Management Association of the Philippines (PMAP), Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PCCI), Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE). From there we have continued to engage schools and students to lead the Senior High School Work Immersion Program.
Through the initiative, senior high school students coming from different schools and tracks are aided by REX throughout the work immersion experience. Assigning them to different departments that are assessed to be matched to their interests and aspirations. Learners were immersed in the ins and outs of the industry and how each part works to build the whole organization and let it function. Through the participation of our own teams, the guidance of the DepEd Order No.30, s. 2017 or the Guidance for Work Immersion and the Whole Child Initiative, different teams from the REX family provided each learner with different programs and activities to make the program more meaningful to their future.
Engaged schools in the REX Senior High School Work Immersion Initiative:
- University of Santo Tomas
- Pasig Catholic College
- Adamson University
- New Era University – Quezon City
- Angelicum College
- Siena College of Quezon City
- Colegio de San Juan de Letran
- Ina ng Buhay Catholic School
- St. Gabriel Academy
- Good Shepherd Cathedral School
- Divine Grace School
- Dominican College , San Juan
- St. Anne de Beaupre School, Inc.
- St. Paul College of Makati
- St. Paul College of Parañaque
- Philippine Cultural College-Caloocan Campus
- Espiritu Santo Parochial School of Manila, Inc.
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral School
- Mary Cause of our Joy Catholic School
- St. Mary’s College, Quezon City
- St. Paul College, Pasig-Father Louis Chauvet Foundation Inc.
- Sto. Niño Parochial School
- St. Francis Xavier Catholic School
- Aquinas School
- Falcon School, Inc.
- Colegio de San Bartolome de Novaliches
- San Sebastian College
- Holy Child Catholic School
- Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic School
- Manila Cathedral School
- San Rafael Parochial School
- St. Joseph School, Tondo
- Malate Catholic School
Throughout the coming months, REX will continue to engage and enable more schools and students in our continuous effort to support the Whole Child Initiative in the Philippines.
Interested to join the REX SHS Work Immersion Initiative? Sign-up our interest form now!